PolyPlas Engineering are looking to recruit an experienced Plastic Fabricator to join our team of fabricators due to the continued expansion of the business and significantly increased order book.
The main purpose of the role is to produce quality products ensuring the company standards are maintained.
The main duties of the role will be to produce bespoke items from manufacturing drawings, basic sketches and written and verbal instructions. Being able to work as part of a team , the ideal candidate will be experienced in all areas of plastic fabrication, creating high quality fabrications.
Problem solving and working to deadlines/timescales are a requirement without compromising quality.
Note – this is not plastic window fabrication role
· Competence and experience in Plastic Fabrication which includes hot gas welding and accurate cutting of material. Materials used include polypropylene, polycarbonate, PETG, HDPE, PVDF and PVC.
· Knowledge and experience of using plastic welding equipment including extrusion welding and hand tools is required.
· Experience of site work would be preferred, overnight stays occasionally required
· Metal fabrication and welding skills would also be an advantage.
· Knowledge of computer drawing package (e.g. AutoCad) would be advantageous.
· Experience of CNC routing would be advantageous.
· Fork truck Licence would be an advantage but not necessary.
· Potential to advance within the role is encouraged
Hours Mon – Thurs 7.30am – 5pm Fri 7.30am – 2.30pm
Pay – £8.00 – £14.00 per hour dependent on experience. Overtime is available to suit business needs.
Please note you will need to have experience in plastic fabrication for your application to be considered, ideally with at least 5 years experience. Although we would consider candidates with transferable hand skills, such as joinery/carpentry and metal fabrication and welding skills.